6 week Special
Glenview's #1 Martial Arts School
- Glenview ATA Black Belt Academy provides world class martial arts instruction in a state of the art facility.
- We offer exciting classes for the entire family: children (ages 3+), teens, and adults.
- Our certified nationally recognized instruction staff will help you improve your focus, fitness, and confidence.
- Community Kidz N Power Child Safety seminars and in school Black Belt Birthday Parties!
- Stop by or call TODAY (847) 832-0900 to learn more!
ATA Black Belt Academy in Glenview is an independently owned and operated family business and a proud member of the American Taekwondo Association (ATA). The ATA is the premier martial arts instruction and training organization, dedicated to the martial arts discipline of Songahm Taekwondo, counting over 1,500 schools and 1million students worldwide.
Grand Master Haeng Ung Lee (1936-2000) began his martial arts training in 1953 as a teenager in Korea. He entered the Korean Army as a Taekwondo trainer for special troops in 1956 (working with US servicemen) and retired years later to open a Taekwondo school at Osan Air Force Base.
In the early 1960's Grand Master H.U. Lee traveled to the United States and in 1969 the ATA was founded. As the ATA flourished, the Grand Master sought a means to ensure complete black belt training and organization in all schools. In 1973, the first documented instructor manual was introduced. In 1980, the ATA was the first martial arts to introduce a centralized computer record keeping system.
Under the direction of Grand Master H.U. Lee, the ATA supported (and continues to support) the Muscular Dystrophy Assoc., Arkansas Children's Hospital, Susan G. Koman Breast Cancer Foundation, and many other organizations. Grand Master H.U. Lee's been recognized for both his prestigious feats and humanitarian efforts. He's appeared on "Live with Regis and Kathy Lee!", "The Jerry Lewis Show", ABC's "Good Morning America", and is included in many documentaries.